GENEVA

The World Health Organization (WHO) Emergency Committee will reconvene on Thursday to discuss the threat of the deadly coronavirus that emerged in China’s Wuhan city last month, the organization said on Wednesday. 

The announcement came following the return of WHO Director General Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus from China.

“The challenge is great, but the response is massive. Of course, we are concerned and we have a major disease and we don’t have an antidote,” Dr. Michael Ryan, WHO executive director of the Emergencies Program, said at a news conference.

He said 71 cases have been reported in 51 countries

Read more: WHO’s emergency panel to reconvene on coronavirus