Kuwait confirmed six more fatalities due to the novel coronavirus on Sunday, while Bahrain registered one death.
In a statement, the Kuwaiti Health Ministry said 505 more infections and 513 recoveries were recorded over the past 24 hours.
The country’s toll now rose to 39,650 cases, including 326 deaths, and 31,240 recoveries.
In Bahrain, the Health Ministry said one patient had died from the disease.
The Gulf state’s infections now stand at 21,331, including 61 deaths, and 15,790 recoveries.
Since originating in China last December, the pandemic has claimed over 464,500 lives in 188 countries and regions. The US, Brazil and Russia are currently the world’s worst-hit countries.
More than 8.8 million cases have been reported worldwide, while some 4.5 million patients have recovered so far, according to figures compiled by the US’ Johns Hopkins University.
Writing by: Ali Abo Rezeg
Copyright 2021 Anadolu Agency. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.