A sit-in by families whose children have been kidnapped by YPG/PKK terrorists entered its 480th day on Friday.
The protest began on Sept. 3 last year in the southeastern Turkish city of Diyarbakir, when Fevziye Cetinkaya, Remziye Akkoyun, and Aysegul Bicer said their children had been forcibly recruited by YPG/PKK terrorists.
The sit-in outside the office of the Peoples’ Democratic Party (HDP) — which the government accuses of having links to the YPG/PKK terror group — has been growing every day.
Fadime Aksu, whose son was abducted by the terror group seven years ago, said they were determined to continue the protest.
Aksu, who came from the northwestern province of Kocaeli to join the protest, said: “You deceived my son, you took him away. I won’t leave here. I won’t go without my child. The HDP can’t discourage me.”
She also urged her son to surrender to the Turkish security forces.
Salih Gokce, another protesting parent whose son was kidnapped by the terror group four years ago, said he had not heard from his son since then.
“The HDP took my son. I won’t leave here before the HDP gives my son back.”
In its more than 30-year terror campaign against Turkey, the PKK — listed as a terrorist organization by Turkey, the US and the EU — has been responsible for the deaths of some 40,000 people, including women, children and infants.
* Writing by Burak Dag in Ankara
Copyright 2021 Anadolu Agency. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.