Turkish Super Lig club Trabzonspor’s Norwegian striker Alexander Sorloth has completed the mandatory 14-day coronavirus quarantine in Turkey, it was announced on Wednesday.
“Returning to Trabzon from Norway on April 22, our player Alexander Sorloth completed a 14-day compulsory quarantine process that was implemented by the Ministry of Health,” the club said on its website.
Sorloth, 24, has made 39 appearances for Trabzonspor, scoring 25 goals and seven assists thus far. The league’s 2019-2020 season was suspended on March 19 due to virus fears.
Earlier, Sorloth praised Turkey’s efforts against the COVID-19 pandemic, saying the response had been “effective.”
“My family and people in Norway generally believe that Turkey’s response to the virus has been largely successful,” he told Anadolu Agency last week. ”People stay at home during weekends. You can see the numbers are down. It is working. I think they [Turkey] are doing really really good job.”
Turkey, to date, has registered a total of 3,520 virus-linked deaths while more than 73,200 people have recovered from the disease. There are currently 129,491 confirmed infections.
Other than implementing social distancing measures such as closing cafes and restaurants, and suspending congregational prayers, the country imposes weekend curfews to slow the spread of the virus that has reached 187 countries.
Copyright 2021 Anadolu Agency. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.