A heavy blast ripped through a funeral prayer gathering in eastern Afghanistan, killing scores of civilians, an official confirmed on Tuesday.
Attaullah Khogyani, spokesman for the provincial governor Nangarhar province, said it was a suicide attack killing at least 15 people and wounding over 49 others.
He said the incident took place in Khewa district where a number of local officials had gathered for the funeral prayer of a former police commander.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack.
Earlier on Tuesday, a foreign charity-run hospital in the Afghan capital Kabul came under armed assault following multiple loud explosions, an official statement confirmed.
The Interior Ministry said armed assailants stormed the hospital in Dasht-e-Barchi area at around 10 a.m. (0530GMT). At least eight civilians were killed and many more wounded while 40 people rescued from the ongoing attack, the local radio Salam Afghanistan reported.
The area is inhabited by the ethnic Shia Hazara minority.
Taliban rejected involvement in both attacks.
Copyright 2021 Anadolu Agency. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.