Singapore on Tuesday reported no new local infections of the novel coronavirus for the first time since March, local media reported.
The city-state’s Ministry of Health said in a statement that four new COVID-19 cases had been confirmed, all imported.
This was first time since March 25 that no local cases of COVID-19 were found in workers’ dormitories, according to a report by the The Straits Times daily.
The ministry said the imported cases were placed under a “Stay-Home Notice” upon arrival in Singapore.
Singapore has reported a total of 57,884 coronavirus cases since the beginning of the outbreak. Around 28 people have died in the city-state due to the disease.
The first coronavirus case among migrant workers was found on Feb. 8, about two weeks after the city-state’s first COVID-19 infection was detected.
More than 37.8 million people have tested positive for the virus globally, while over a million have died, according to a running tally by US-based Johns Hopkins University. Recoveries across the world have exceeded 26.2 million.
Copyright 2021 Anadolu Agency. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.