The Palestinian authorities confirmed on Monday six more coronavirus cases in the occupied West Bank.
“The Health Ministry has reported an increase in the number of people infected with coronavirus to 26, after five cases were recorded in Bethlehem (south), and one in Tulkarm (north),” government spokesman Ibrahim Melhem said in a statement.
Last week, the Palestinian Health Ministry announced a state of emergency in the West Bank cities of Bethlehem and Jericho over suspected coronavirus cases.
The ministry said a hotel in Bethlehem was quarantined due to a number of suspected cases.
Palestinian Health Minister Mai Al-Kaileh