ROME

No Turkish citizen has so far died of coronavirus in Italy, the worst-hit country in Europe, Turkey’s Milano consul general said Wednesday.

Turks in Italy managed to protect themselves against the virus, Ozgur Uluduz told Anadolu Agency in an exclusive interview.

“We are in good condition. Those who were taken to the hospitals have been discharged and we have no one in intensive care units [at the moment],” he said, hoping that the situation continues as such.

Uluduz said that Turkish citizens in Italy followed the rules set by local authorities in letter and spirit.

Among the nearly 50,000 Turkish

Read more: No Turks among coronavirus victims in Italy: envoy