Mozambique has extended lockdown by another 30 days to stem the spread of COVID-19 or coronavirus pandemic, Africa News Network (ANN) reported on Thursday. The nationwide restrictions had been imposed on April 1.
Mozambique’s President Filipe Nyusi said the lockdown was being extended as the measure has shown positive results in containing the virus.
The president called people to observe restrictions to combat the COVID-19. He said that some people were still going out of homes for non-essential reasons, according to the report.
The southern African nation has so far reported 76 COVID-19 cases, with no deaths, according to data compiled by the US-based Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre.
Copyright 2022 Anadolu Agency. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.