TRIPOLI 

An attack by warlord Khalifa Haftar’s forces in Libya on the first day of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan killed three civilians, officials said on Friday.

The rocket attack on a civilian settlement in the Ain Zara region of Tripoli, the capital, also left three people injured, Amin al-Hashimi, a spokesman for the Government of National Accord (GNA), told Anadolu Agency.

Last week, GNA forces launched a military operation to recapture Tarhuna, a town of strategic value for Haftar and his last major stronghold in the area surrounding Tripoli.

Read more: Libya: 3 civilians killed in attack by Haftar militias