BEIRUT

Lebanon confirmed a new death from the coronavirus on Wednesday, taking the total fatalities to four, according to the Health Ministry.

A ministry statement said a man in his 90s died from the disease.

The ministry said 13 new infections were recorded over the past 24 hours, bringing the total infections to 133.

Three people have been discharged from hospitals after recovering from the virus so far, the ministry said.

Lebanese Prime Minister Hassan Diab declared a state of emergency on Sunday due to the outbreak of the coronavirus, officially known as COVID-19.

Worldwide, out of over 203,500 confirmed

Read more: Lebanon confirms fourth death from coronavirus