Kuwait on Thursday extended the suspension of classes at all public and private schools and higher education institutions until Aug. 4 due to the novel coronavirus outbreak.
Government spokesman Tariq Al Mazram told a press conference that the decision was taken in light of the latest developments. Earlier this month, the government said the suspension would last until March 25.
The new school year will begin on Dec. 1.
Kuwait has taken a number of other measures against the outbreak, including suspending the issuance of visas and sports activities.
The country confirmed six new cases of the virus Thursday,
Read more: Kuwait extends suspension of classes over coronavirus