A high court in the Kenyan capital of Nairobi announced on Wednesday it was closing for two weeks starting July 30 due to the coronavirus pandemic.
In a statement to the media, the Milimani High Court said several staff members had experienced symptoms similar to those of the novel virus over the last week.
“One member of staff has subsequently tested positive… [who] had physical contact with several others…,” it said.
The court said that in consultation with higher-ups, and the Health Ministry, it had decided to temporarily close operations to enable all members of staff to self-quarantine, and thereafter get tested before the resumption of physical operations.
Urgent matters shall be dealt with on online platforms, it added.
Kenya has so far confirmed 19,125 virus cases, including 311 deaths with 8,021 recoveries, according to US-based Johns Hopkins University’s running tally.
The East African country lifted virus restrictions on July 6 but a nationwide dusk-to-dawn curfew is still in place.
Copyright 2022 Anadolu Agency. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.