This September saw a host of global environmental disasters, including floods in Bangladesh and Pakistan and heavy rains triggering landslides in both Central Africa and Nepal.
Here is a timeline compiled by Anadolu Agency
– At least 24 people are killed and more than 30 others injured in flash floods and landslides in northern and northwest Pakistan.
– At least 12 people are killed, with 41 missing after monsoon rains triggered floods and landslides in a mountain village in midwestern Nepal.
– Death toll from flooding in Turkey’s Black Sea province of Giresun rises to 11.
– A landslide in an artisan mine in the Democratic Republic of Congo claims three lives, leaving one injured and one missing.
– Death toll from floods in Bangladesh reaches 257, with residents facing difficulties amid coronavirus pandemic, including losses to agriculture and fish farming.
– A landslide in northwest Pakistan kills at least nine people and injures six.
– Death toll of laborers from a marble mine collapse caused by landslides in northwestern Pakistan rises to 18.
– At least 50 artisanal miners are killed when a gold mine collapses in the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo due to landslides caused by heavy rains.
– Nearly 1,500 homes are flooded and one person is killed by heavy rains in Indonesia’s West Kalimantan province.
– Hurricane Sally makes landfall on the US Gulf Coast, bringing life-threatening flooding to parts of the Florida panhandle and Alabama.
– At least two people are killed in Indonesia’s West Java province in a landslide caused by heavy rains.
– At least two people go missing after torrential rains trigger flash flooding in southern France.
– At least three people die in hurricane-like “medicane” (Mediterranean hurricane) storm that hits Greece.
– More than 240,000 people are affected and 144,000 displaced by floods in Afar, Ethiopia.
– At least 49 neighborhoods in Indonesia’s capital are flooded.
– Death toll from flooding in Sudan caused by months of heavy rains rises to 138.
– Turkey’s largest city, Istanbul, hit by hail and heavy rain, causing floods and disrupting traffic.
Copyright 2022 Anadolu Agency. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.