BRUSSELS

Belgium is in a fix over the distribution of 6 million face masks it received from China Monday in the wake of the coronavirus outbreak.

Walloon Minister-President Elio di Rupo claimed that his region is entitled to have 2.2 million masks. His Flemish counterpart, Jan Jambon announced that Flanders should receive 92% of the shipment, and Wallonia and Brussels share the remaining 8%.

The 11-million country has a complicated federal system granting significant powers to the regions of Flanders, Wallonia, and Brussels-Capital.

The regions are responsible for healthcare services.

More than 3,400 people have tested positive for coronavirus in

Read more: Distribution of face masks triggers debate in Belgium