Sudan and Bahrain confirmed new fatalities due to the coronavirus pandemic on Tuesday, while Libya reported new infections.
The Sudanese Health Ministry said 13 people had died from COVID-19, pushing the nationwide death toll to 372.
A ministry statement said 161 new cases were registered, raising the total infections in the country to 6,242.
In Bahrain, the Health Ministry confirmed one fatality and 314 virus infections over the past 24 hours.
Bahrain’s confirmed cases from the disease now stand at 15,731, including 28 deaths, and 10,606 recoveries.
In Libya, the National Center for Disease Control said 62 new cases were recorded, bringing the figure to 332.
The country’s toll now stands at 5 fatalities and 57 recoveries.
Since originating in China last December, the pandemic has claimed almost 407,000 lives in 188 countries and regions. The US, Brazil and Russia are currently the world’s worst-hit countries.
Some 7.12 million cases have been reported worldwide, while nearly 3.3 million patients have recovered so far, according to figures compiled by the US’ Johns Hopkins University.
*Bassel Ibrahim contributed to this report from Ankara
Copyright 2021 Anadolu Agency. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.