Malaysians should avoid mass gatherings for the next six months in a bid to stem the spread of the coronavirus, the country’s health chief said on Friday.
“On mass gatherings, from six-months to a year, we can see that we discourage mass gatherings,” Noor Hisham Abdullah said at a news conference, according to daily Malay Mali.
Abdullah said Malaysia discovered new 217 coronavirus cases bringing the country’s tally to 3,333.
In a statement on Twitter, he said 53 people have so far died in the country due to the virus, known as COVID-19.
Urging people to avoid mass gatherings