Australia and Hong Kong are witnessing a continuous rise in coronavirus or COVID-19 infections.
In Australia, the Victoria province reported nine COVID-19 related deaths and 295 new infections, Australian Broadcasting Corporation reported on Wednesday.
A top health official in the region has also warned of a “serious threat” after 87 cases were found in the old age care homes. Among the dead, seven were elderly residents of the private-sector care homes.
Health officials along with Australian Defense Forces will undertake door-to-door visits to detect COVID-19 positive cases and ensure their isolation.
Victoria Prime Minister Daniel Andrews said some COVID-19 positive cases were “not isolating at home when visited by authorities”.
Queensland province also reported three new cases including a woman who had not quarantined herself.
“I’m furious that this has happened,” said Queensland Prime Minister Annastacia Palaszczuk, promising a “thorough police investigation”.
Australia has so far reported 15,600 pandemic infections with 176 deaths.
The country has conducted over four million tests.
100 cases in Hong Kong in a week
The semi-autonomous Hong Kong region has reported 100 fresh infections over the past eight days, local media reported.
The region also reported fifth death since last Monday due to the COVID-19.
The region has reported a total number of 2,884 infections with 24 deaths. The authorities have conducted 524,969 coronavirus tests.
Copyright 2022 Anadolu Agency. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.