Turkish forces have “neutralized” three PKK terrorists, including one so-called senior terrorist, in the country’s southeast, the interior minister said Sunday.
Among the terrorists was a so-called head of the Kazan Valley in the eastern Hakkari province, Suleyman Soylu said on Twitter.
“Our heroic gendarmerie forces in an air-backed operation settled an account opened one year ago,” Soylu said in commemoration of Ercan Sanca and Mehmet Sait Baris, who were martyred in an attack last year by the now-neutralized terrorists.
“Rest in peace,” added Soylu.
He also shared photos of missiles with the names of Sanca and Baris, along with the dates and places of their martyrdom written on.
In its more than 30-year terror campaign against Turkey, the PKK — listed as a terrorist organization by Turkey, the US and the EU — has been responsible for the deaths of nearly 40,000 people, including many women, children, and infants.
Copyright 2020 Anadolu Agency. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.