11 family members die from gas inhalation in Pakistan

KARACHI – At least 11 people from a single family have died from gas inhalation in southwestern Pakistan on Thursday, local police said. 

Fifteen unconscious family members were taken to a hospital in the southwestern province of Baluchistan, where four remain alive but unconscious. 

According to local channel Geo TV  the deaths, which include four children, were the result of a gas leak from a heater. Scores of deaths are reported in the winters in Pakistan because of the use of low-quality gas heaters.

Copyright © 2015 Anadolu Agency