Hezbollah claims attack on Israeli troops in Shebaa

BEIRUT – Hezbollah on Wednesday claimed responsibility for an attack on an Israeli military vehicle in Israeli-occupied Shebaa Farms region, which, it said, had killed several Israeli troops.

In a statement, the Shiite movement said that one of its units – dubbed the "Quneitra Martyrs' Group" – had attacked an Israeli military convoy, leaving several Israeli troops dead or injured.

Israeli media, for its part, reported that at least four Israeli troops had been injured in the Shebaa Farms region when their vehicle was struck by anti-tank missiles.

The attack comes ten days after Hezbollah accused Israel of killing six of its fighters – along with six Iranians – in a drone strike in the Syrian town of Quneitra.

The slain fighters had included two Hezbollah commanders and the son of Imad Mughniyah, a Hezbollah leader killed by a car bomb in Syria in 2008.

So far, Israel has neither confirmed nor denied the airstrike that killed the Hezbollah men and the Iranians.

Copyright © 2015 Anadolu Agency